Adding Your Contacts
If you only have one mailing list, you can click “Add and update contacts” on the front page. There, you can add names and email addresses to your mailing list by typing them in, copying and pasting them from a list, uploading a spreadsheet or importing them from mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook.
If you want to send different newsletters to different groups, you can create separate mailing lists for each group by clicking on “Contacts” in the gray menu bar, then clicking “Create New” in the “Lists” section, then adding contacts to each list.
Creating Your Newsletter
Click “Email” in the gray menu bar. You’ll find four templates in the “Existing Emails” section:
- a basic template for departments with shorter names (One-Line Sub-Unit Basic Template)
- a basic template for departments with longer names (Two-Line Sub-Unit Basic Template)
- an enhanced template including images and color blocks for departments with shorter names (One-Line Sub-Unit Enhanced Template)
- an enhanced template including images and color blocks for departments with longer names (Two-Line Sub-Unit Enhanced Template)
Once you’ve picked the appropriate template, click “copy” and replace the filler text with your newsletter content. That includes:
- your department name
- the newsletter title
- the date
- the articles
- links such as “About Us” and “Connect with Us” (To add a link, highlight the text, then click the hyperlink symbol — the third button from the right on the toolbar. Select “Web address” from the drop down menu. A box will appear where you can add the URL.)
- social media links (Click the icons in the bottom bar and add a hyperlink as described above.)
- your physical address
- selected photos, if using the enhanced template
Then delete any unnecessary template elements and send the newsletter to your mailing list.