Reporting Process and Response
Anyone who directly witnesses a bias or hate activity, believes they are a victim of bias or hate activity, or becomes aware of an incident of bias or hate may report the incident here.
You may also directly contact the Department of Public Safety (DPS) – (213) 740.4321, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (students) – (213) 740.2421, or the Office of Equity and Diversity (faculty and staff) – (213) 740.5086. Reports may be made anonymously.
Reporting will result in:
- The convening the USC Bias Assessment Response and Support Team
- Investigation into the incident and/or crime
- Appropriate and strategized response
- Outreach and support to communities impacted and communities potentially impacted
- If the report is not anonymous – outreach and support to the reporter
- A formal recording of the incident