Consent and Healthy Relationships
The Consent and Healthy Relationship (modules are a series of three 120-minute learning opportunities that engage the learner with skills on affirmative consent, building healthy relationships, and bystander intervention.
The Consent and Healthy Relationship (CHR) modules are:
- For any undergraduate student in their first/second semester at USC: CHR Pt. 1: Trojans Respect Consent
- For any undergraduate student in their third/fourth semester at USC: CHR: Pt. 2: Healthy Relationships
- For any undergraduate student in their fifth/sixth semester at USC: CHR Pt. 3: Trojans Act Now
Contents of these modules include:
- Importance of Values
- Aspects of Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Gender Socialization
- Impact of Power Imbalances
- Definition of Sexual Assault
- Centering Consent
- Assertive Communication
- Bystander Intervention
- Survivor Support
- Community Development
- USC’s Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
CHR Part 1: Trojans Respect Consent
- Define bodily autonomy and personal boundaries
- Demonstrate sexual negotiation skills, including components of consent
- Recognize how power impacts consent and relationships
CHR Part 2: Healthy Relationships
- Describe how respect, rights, and responsibility contribute to a healthy relationship
- State the impact of expectations on relationships
- List strategies to increase respectful communication
CHR Part 3: Trojans Act Now
- Recognize one’s responsibility to be a prosocial upstander
- Identify harmful social norms that contribute to relationship and sexual violence
- Demonstrate the ability to model upstander behavior
How to Access:
All assigned Prevention Education Modules are available on TrojanLearn in the “My Transcript” section. Additionally, the module can also be found on MyUSC in the “My Services” section. Click on the ‘Safety and Wellness’ widget.
For technical assistance, please contact TrojanLearn at email@example.com.
For program and content questions, please contact USC Student Health at 213-740-9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What happens if I miss the deadline?
Students must actively sign up to attend the live remote session that accommodates their schedule. Students must complete the session prior to the end of week 7 in the spring semester. Non-completion results in a hold on registration. We encourage students to sign up and complete the modules as soon as they are available as they fill up fast. Signing up for a session does not equal completion. Students must actively participate in the live remote session to complete the PEM.
If you have any questions, accommodations, or concerns about completing any Consent and Healthy Relationship PEMs, please email email@example.com. For any technical assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Will my pre- and post-session survey responses be kept confidential?
Pre- and post-session survey responses for any PEM will be kept confidential.
3. What is the difference between the Sexual Assault Prevention PEM and the Consent and Healthy Relationship PEMs?
The Sexual Assault Prevention (SAPU, SAPG, SAPO) modules are asynchronous online learning opportunities designed to prepare students to recognize and respond to sexual assault and harassment, as well as to know where to go to for reporting and support, prior to their start at USC. For program and content questions, contact the Office for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX at 213-740-5086 or email@example.com.
The Consent and Healthy Relationship (CHR) modules are a series of three 120-minute live online learning opportunities that engage the learner with skills on affirmative consent, building healthy relationships, and bystander intervention. CHR modules are in ordered sequences and must be taken during the first six semesters of the student’s undergraduate career. Students must actively sign up to attend the live remote session that accommodates their schedule. For program and content questions, contact USC Student Health at 213-740-9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are required to finish both the Sexual Assault Prevention (SAPU, SAPG, SAPO) modules and the Consent and Healthy Relationship modules assigned to them.
5. I signed up for a session but haven’t received the remote link.
Students will receive the remote link at midnight on the day of the session. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive the remote link on the session day. Please do not share or distribute the remote link with others.
6. I attended a session but received a notification that I missed it.
As stated by the facilitator at the beginning of a session, students who fail to participate will be marked as incomplete. The completion of the session requires students to stay involved and participate. Please sign up for a different session and actively attend to complete your requirements. If you believe you have received this message in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.