As part of the university’s ongoing commitment to create a culture of consent and support upstanding behaviors on our campuses, the sexual assault prevention education for undergraduates have been expanded in fall 2020.
FIRST-YEAR REQUIREMENT: “Trojans Respect Consent”
In the 2019-2020 academic year, the university required new USC undergraduates to complete “Trojans Respect Consent,” a 90-minute workshop to improve users’ knowledge of consent and navigating intimate encounters between partners. This workshop is required for the following undergraduates:
- new incoming first-year students (fall freshmen and spring admits)
- transfer students in this first semester at USC
SECOND-YEAR REQUIREMENT: “Healthy Relationships”
This 2020-2021 academic year, the university is expanding the curriculum with a required workshop for “Healthy Relationships,” a required follow-up workshop that explores power dynamics and mutually supportive roles in an intimate partner relationship. This workshop is required for the following undergraduates:
- Second-year returning students—who were incoming first-year students in the summer or fall 2019 semesters;
- As these are sequential workshops, these students should have already completed “Trojans Respect Consent”;
- Note: Students in this cohort group should have already received notification to sign up for early semester workshops. As these workshop spaces were quickly filled, new dates have now been added for spring 2021 season. Please log in and sign up by November 6, 2020 (this is the deadline for signing up only, the workshop may be taken in spring 2021). We apologize for any previous inconvenience in workshop availability.
WORKSHOP SIGN-UP PROCESS: MySHR
1. Go to usc.edu/myshr and select “Groups/Workshops.”
2. Select either “Trojans Respect Consent” (for first-year students) or “Healthy Relationships” (for second-year students)
SHORTLY BEFORE YOUR WORKSHOP DATE
- You will receive an automated “appointment reminder” from USC Student Health with the name of the workshop facilitator as the provider.
- You will receive the Zoom link at 7pm (PST) the night before your workshop.
Completion/incompletion of both required workshops will be automatically noted in your records.
If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Consent/Relationship Workshops.”
USC Student Health | Keck Medicine of USC