How do I access the course?
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- Always sign in at: my.usc.edu
- In the “My Services” section, go to the Safety & Wellness widget
- In the “Online Courses” tab, select AlcoholEdu® for College and you will be directed to the registration page
* You will be notified by email when Part 2 of AlcoholEdu® is available (30-45 days after you complete Part 1).
What if I miss the deadlines?
If you miss the Part 1 deadline, finish Part 1 of AlcoholEdu® as soon as possible. There is a 30-45 day intersession between Part 1 and 2. Finishing Part 1 as soon as possible will impact your completion date for Part 2 of the course.
If you miss the Part 2 deadline, a REGISTRATION HOLD will be placed on your student account. You will still be able to access and complete PART 2 after this time, but there may be complications with removing your registration hold. Holds are automatically removed within 30 minutes of your completion of Part 2. If you still have a hold after 1 hour (60 minutes), send an email with your student ID, along with a screenshot of your course completion and a screenshot of the registration hold to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I have already taken the course at another institution?
All incoming first year and transfer students are required to take AlcoholEdu® for College at USC, regardless of completion at another institution.
How long can I expect the course to take?
Part 1 of AlcoholEdu® will take approximately 60-75 minutes to complete.
Part 2 of AlcoholEdu® will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
I’m not 21, but I still drink. Will my answers be private?
The AlcoholEdu® course will include surveys about your personal health behaviors to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; USC will only receive information about the student body as a whole and never your individual answers as a student.
What about technical issues?
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years
- You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section
- If you experience technical problems within the course, click the “help” button to access the 24/7 help center, or contact Everfi at 866-384-9062
- If you experience problems with MyUSC, contact USC Information Technology Services at email@example.com or at (213) 740-5555
- The USC AlcoholEdu® team is unable to provide technical support for the course
What if I have additional questions?
If your questions were not answered above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your student ID and a screenshot of what you are seeing in MyUSC under the AlcoholEdu® for College section. We will do our best to respond within 24-48 business hours.