Division Objectives & Communal Initiatives
The following Strategic Objectives support the Division’s 2017-2020 Strategic Goals:
Goal 1: ENHANCE THE CULTURE OF EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Collaborate with USC’s schools to create innovative, creative and artistic materials addressing equity and inclusion education for college students.
- Imbed an equity and inclusion framework throughout student affairs departments, programs and services.
- Build mastery-level skills among professional staff in cultural competency.
- Enhance space options for cultural programs and experiences.
Goal 2: CULTIVATE A CULTURE WHERE INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES THRIVE
- Launch a first-year seminar that introduces students to essential transition topics.
- Host an annual Institute on Student Well-being.
- Make mindfulness programs accessible to all USC students.
Goal 3: DISRUPT THE CULTURE OF AT RISK SUBSTANCE USE
- Increase student participation in healthy social activities.
- Ensure consistent, university-wide messages (e.g. policies, practices, procedures) regarding alcohol consumption.
- Reduce overconsumption of alcohol among students on football game days.
Goal 4: FOSTER A CULTURE OF CONSENT AND HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
- Collaborate with campus partners and national experts to provide a four-year educational module for consent and healthy relationships.
- Launch a bystander education campaign recognizable by USC students.