The Title IX Office and the Division of Student Affairs is pleased to announce the continuation of the Sexual Assault Task Force in 2016, to further discussions with the student community on issues relating to sexual misconduct and sexual assault.
The task force will have five subcommittees guided by campus leaders, as described below. Each subcommittee will have its first meeting during the week of January 25, 2016. They will continue to meet bimonthly through the Spring semester. Meetings will be held in the Center for Women & Men’s conference room (Suite 356), located on the third floor of Engemann Student Health Center. To sign up for one or more subcommittees please email Bernadette Ament at email@example.com.
- Intersectionality of Identities: This subcommittee will explore ways to enhance support for all students. It will consider the role of a range of identities (cultural, religious, gender, sexual, person with a disability, etc.) in the discussion, experience and survival of sexual assault. This subcommittee will meet on the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 5:00 p.m., and will be facilitated by Kelby Harrison, Director of the LGBT Resource Center, and Kegan Allee, Interim Director and Title IX Coordinator.
- Rape Myths/Biases: This subcommittee will brainstorm and aid in implementation of innovative programs and interventions to challenge rape myths. It will also work with the campus community to impact cultural change. This subcommittee will meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m., and will be facilitated by Ekta Kumar, Director of the Center for Women & Men, and Jenell Bukky Lanski, Director of Fraternity & Sorority Leadership Development.
- Clinical/Advocacy: This subcommittee focuses on enhancing a visible, accessible, and effective treatment and advocacy network of services on and off campus; and proper training of campus community members regarding first responder, gatekeeper, and bystander interventions. This subcommittee will meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m., and will be facilitated by Ilene Rosenstein, Director of Student Counseling Services, and Ekta Kumar, Director of the Center for Women & Men.
- Policy: This subcommittee will examine existing policy language and discuss strategies for educating students about USC policies. This subcommittee will meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 5:00 p.m., and will be facilitated by Danica Myers, Title IX Investigator, Roopali Malhotra, Senior Advisor to the Vice President for Student Affairs, and Gretchen Means, Executive Director of the Office of Equity and Diversity and Title IX Coordinator.
- Campus Awareness: This subcommittee will focus on developing and implementing a comprehensive educational campaign focusing on informing students on resources, processes, and programs related to sexual assault. This subcommittee will meet on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at 12:00 p.m., and will be facilitated by Lynette Merriman, Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Support & Advocacy, Andrea Bennett, Communications Manager for the Division of Student Affairs, and Heidi Ried-Gonzaga, Marketing Coordinator for Engemann Student Health Center.
We want all students at USC to feel and be safe and respected. Your involvement is key for us to achieve this important goal.
Please see information regarding our policies against sexual misconduct and sexual assault in SCampus. Additional information, including the concept and definition of consent, can be found on the Sex Assault Resource Center Website at http://sarc.usc.edu/. Resources for survivors can be found at the Center for Women & Men, http://engemannshc.usc.edu/cwm/about-us/.