With the appointment of Elizabeth Garrett to president of Cornell University, effective July 1, 2015, USC will be conducting a national search for the next provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. It is my responsibility as Vice Provost for Student Affairs to gather student input on this important endeavor.
The position of provost and senior vice president for academic affairs directly impacts the quality of academic programs, faculty appointments, campus facilities, student life, and academic research. This role will have a tremendous impact on the future of the university, and its continued ascent among elite research universities.
I invite all students to attend meetings I am hosting to gather input and to share your ideas, interests and aspirations for the next provost. The following dates and times are open for student feedback sessions:
· Panhellenic Board: Monday, November 3, 6:30 p.m.
· Recreation Club Council: Tuesday, November 4, 2:30 p.m. (LRC Conference Room)
· Open to All Students: Wednesday, November 5, 12:00 p.m. (TCC 350)
· Open to All Students: Tuesday, November 11, 12:00 p.m. (TCC 350)
· Student Wellness Advocate Group: Tuesday, November 11, 6:00 p.m. (ESH 101)
· USG Council of Presidents: Tuesday, November 11, 7:00 p.m. (TCC 450)
· USG “Speak SC”: Tuesday, November 18, 7:00 p.m. (TCC 350)
· International Students Assembly: Monday, November, 24, 5:00 p.m. (Location 302)
By lending your voice to this process, you will play a role in shaping the university for years to come.
Dr. Ainsley Carry