Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Development
Greek Chapter Faculty Advisor
Most sorority and fraternity chapters have a designated chapter faculty advisor. Chapter faculty advisors serve as academic support to chapter members. Time commitment varies by chapter and chapter faculty advisor, but will likely require one-two hours per week at most.
- Assist with the academic management of members, especially new members and members at academic risk.
- Present academic seminars on faculty expectations, such as the transition from high school to college and other topics.
- Write recommendation letters for chapter members.
- Inform chapter members of academic resources available on campus.
- Act as a campus relations agent and advocate for chapter members.
- Relay information concerning administration policies.
- Explain academic integrity and its importance to the university community.
- Work closely with the scholarship officer and committee and chapter alumni advisors.
- Speak at chapter functions recognizing academic achievement.
- Serve as a panel member on academic review panels.
- Attend meetings for all chapter faculty advisors and greek community events recognizing academic achievement.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Contact: Beth Saul, Director for Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Development, email@example.com, (213) 740-1195