The Division of Student Affairs is devoted to creating an integrated learning experience that helps students reach their educational, personal, and professional aspirations. We help create a campus community where students are prepared to contribute to a changing world.
To do this we:
- Provide leadership and support for university-wide student affairs programs;
- Support students in their development: intellectual, moral, ethical, social, cultural emotional and physical;
- Challenge students to create a diverse community of mutual respect through cultural exploration and social interaction;
- Promote the common good while listening to the individual voice, encouraging independent thought and interdependent actions;
- Motivate students to contribute as leaders, team members, professionals, and world citizens through experiential learning opportunities;
- Utilize Los Angeles and Southern California as an educational environment where learning has no boundaries;
- Create local and global connections: academic, professional and personal;
- Invent the future of student support services.