USC Student Affairs and Campus Life

Justine Gilman

Justine GilmanJustine Gilman

Justine Gilman, senior associate director of Recreational Sports, is working to make the Lyon Center better meet student needs. This summer she supervised a major construction project to renovate the center’s weight room and cardiovascular room, including the purchase of new equipment.

She is currently working on another construction project to renovate the locker rooms and develop space on the second floor of the Lyon Center.

Justine has worked with USC Recreational Sports for 18 years. During this time, she has earned a B.S. in kinesiology, an M.A. in physical education and an Ed.D. from USC. Justine is a member of the National Intramural Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) and IDEA Health and Fitness Association (formerly the International Dance and Exercise Association).

When asked what she likes most about USC, Justine said, “I am fortunate to have many different daily job responsibilities, so I continue to be challenged and enjoy my work. I continue to work here because of the environment, the people and the spirit of USC.”